How Senior People In Nollywood Told Me To Move On After Sexual Assault- Lizzy Jay

Lizzy Jay

Nollywood Actress, Lizzy Jay has revealed that senior figures in the industry tried to keep her silent after suffering sexual assault.

Recall that in the aftermath of the Busola Dakolo saga, she also called out Nollywood director, Jimoh Abiodun and claimed that he sexually assaulted her.

He responded saying he did no such thing and the two have been going back and forth.

However, in a new interview with Saturday Beat, Lizzy Jay has maintained that she suffered sexual abuse and she will not be moving forward with any charges as she has found peace. She did warn that if anyone feels defamed and wants to come after her, she is more than willing to furnish evidence.

“I alleged that he molested me sexually. For the record, when the whole thing started, I informed my family and a few older people in the industry about it. They asked me to keep calm and move on. If I wanted to institute an action then, I would have (done so).

 

“I felt I needed to be at peace with my mind as regards the issue, and to give a voice to whoever is suffering or has suffered the same fate as mine, hence the outburst. Like I said on my Instagram page, the molestation of a woman is a desecration of her values. Rape trend or not, we all have our ways of addressing issues peculiar to us.

 

“For the record again, I maintain my stand and I reiterate all I have said without any equivocation, save for the fact that I do not intend to do further than I have done so far, having found my peace, and because of the intervention of some persons I respect like Mr Latin and Mr Yinka Quadri.

 

“However, if anyone feels he has been defamed by my outburst or allegation, let him seek redress and I will furnish the right quarters with my evidence,”

 

Facebook Comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here