Sylvia, one of the most outstanding movies to come out of Nollywood in 2018 has just hit a major milestone. The movie which was directed by the notable movie director, Daniel Oriahi – has just bagged nominations in seven categories at the Golden Movie Awards Africa 2019.
The movie – Sylvia – is a fantasy movie thriller that tells a story of love, lust, loyalty, betrayal and obsession.
Produced by award-winning – Trino Motion Pictures, the movie stars notable Nollywood actors such as Zainab Balogun, Chris Attoh, and Ini Dima Okojie who are also nominees of the coveted award.
This year’s Golden Movie Awards Africa is set to take place at the Movenpick Ambassador Hotel, Accra, Ghana on the 24th of August 2019.
GMAA is an annual award that celebrates outstanding achievement in African television and film.
The movie – Sylvia – is available on Shugaban Media and Amazon Prime’s UK & US pay-per-view platforms.
Richard Okezie (Chris Attoh) is loyal when it comes to love, which is good since Sylvia (Zainab Balogun), his childhood friend and the woman of his dreams, takes loyalty seriously. The two have always been inseparable until the day Richard meets Gbemi (Ini Dima Okojie), the “real” love of his life.
See the nomination categories below;
- Golden Actor in Drama: Chris Attoh, Sylvia
- Golden Actress in Drama: Zainab Balogun, Sylvia
- Golden Supporting Actress in Drama: Ini Dima-Okojie, Sylvia
- Golden Movie Drama: Sylvia (Ekene Som Mekwunye)
- Overall Golden Movie: Sylvia
- Golden Sound Editor: Michael Ogunlade, Sylvia
- Golden Editor Video: Jude Chidebe, Sylvia