Stuart Burgdoerfer, the chief financial officer and executive vice president of L Brands, who are the parent company of Victoria Secret confirmed this on Thursday.
He said: “”We’ll be communicating to customers, but nothing that I would say is similar in magnitude to the fashion show… You can be sure we’ll be communicating with customers through lots of vehicles including social media and various, more current platforms, if you will,”
This comes after criticism of the brand for failing to feature diverse characters including for plus sized models in their shows.
Karlie Kloss, a former Victoria Secret angel, revealed earlier this year why she decided to walk away from the brand.
“The reason I decided to stop working with Victoria’s Secret was I didn’t feel it was an image that was truly reflective of who I am and the kind of message I want to send to young women around the world about what it means to be beautiful.” she said also pointing to that moment as a “pivotal moment in me stepping into my power as a feminist”.
A former Sports Illustrated model, Robyn also hit out at the brand, taking a swipe at them and stating how much girls went through just to get in shape.
‘All my friends that were doing that show were starving themselves. They weren’t eating and they were exercising four to five hours a day and they are not usually exercise people,’ she said.
The Victoria Secret show has been running for over two decades with the first ever taking place in 1995.
All rights reserved. This article, material and any other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from NOLLYWOODALIVE.